In the Intensive Outpatient Program, you receive services primarily through group therapy, but are also assigned an individual therapist you will meet with on a weekly basis while in treatment. Groups are small and generally do not exceed 10 people, allowing for a safe environment.
Many different areas and topics are covered in the IOP. Everyone is introduced to the following areas while in the IOP at The Counseling Center at Freehold:
• Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome Or PAWS
• Relapse Prevention Skills
• How to Manage Urges and Cravings
• Understanding the Brain Chemistry of Addiction
• Progression of the Disease of Addiction
• Introduction To the Twelve Steps
• Stages of Change
• Focus On Co-Occurring Disorders and the Effects On Addiction and Recovery
• the Family Education Program
Depending on your needs, you may be referred to additional comprehensive mental health treatment, or training in how to increase healthy life skills, or employment counseling.